Monday, March 15, 2010

when time does or doesn't fly


Sometimes it seems like we just got here and sometimes it seems like we have been here forever. We have slipped into some familiar routines and we are still slipping on uncharted territory. Our "days off" go by quickly, even though there are many to choose from. Unfamiliar things are now starting to become familiar.

This weekend time flew ahead for most, with the arrival of daylight savings time. One more hour of daylight. The springing forward of your day. That didn't happen for us. The first time ever that we didn't shift our clocks ahead with the feeling that spring is here and summer is not far away.

Arizona does not go on daylight savings time. No "spring forward, fall back" reminder to tell you how to adjust your clock. However, we went to sleep in mountain standard time and woke up in west coast time...never leaving the comfort of our bed. Stop and think about that for a second.
And now think about this. For those of you that know how much of a morning person I am: if you are in Colorado, you are now an hour later than us. If you are in Texas, you are now two hours later than us. If you call me before 8 or 9 am your time...I could be a little grumpy.

Time did not fly with the changing of our clocks.
We have been here three months.
Time has flown.



1 comment:

  1. Darn I was planning on calling you right when I woke up tomorrow, but I don't guess you'd appreciate a call at 4:00am.

    ReplyDelete