Monday, September 27, 2010

arachnophobia

I think that I have failed to mention that the Reptile Wrangler spotted a tarantula on the path to the studio, studio, one day. It was close to where I had my encounter with the rattlesnake. Terrific! I'm not inclined to be real thrilled to know that we now have spiders of epic proportions in our yard too. I mean really.

So, now I have been on spider watch too. It is exhausting to keep on the look out for all things hairy, slithery, snarly, and crawly. My fear is that some dark night, as I crawl out of bed to make that extra trip to the bathroom, my feet will come into contact with something other than carpet. I've been warned about the scorpions, but I think a tarantula or snake would have a more serious effect on my psyche. I would probably have been better off not knowing about the tarantula spotting.

Because, when I saw this one day as Rachel was driving us to lunch, I couldn't believe my eyes. "Stay close to their car", I told her as I started digging out my camera. "Oh, my gosh, look how big it is", I shrieked!
"It's on their car!"
"Do you think they know?"
"What kind is it?"
"Oh my gosh, it's huge!"
Those were just a few of the questions and comments that were scrreeeching out of our mouths. The old guy driving the car must of been understanding our reactions, because he was smiling and nodding his head. As we approached a red light, he and I simultaneously rolled down our windows. I pointed to his back windshield and asked, "did you see that spider on your back window?" He smiled and shook his head and calmly said "yes". And then he laughed a little funny laugh and pulled away.

That is when I zoomed in on my camera and realized...

It was a chenille pipe cleaner spider!

Now wasn't he just a funny guy. A real jokester. A comedian. A prankster.
A guy who probably held his hand up to his his wife and said, "high five, we got her good" as he drove away.

Go ahead, laugh.


post edit: the brave Reptile Wrangler just read this post. At the end he said "so it was fake?" Do you see what all these scary wild kingdom interactions are doing to us?

post edit edit: I have been corrected, it was Leah that was driving the car, not Rachel.

1 comment:

  1. And laugh we did!

    I have this vision of you riding "shotgun" armed with your camera as the girls take turns chauffeuring you around town to get your next shot. We are entertained!

    ReplyDelete