Wednesday, February 9, 2011

so confused

This came in the mail for me recently.

I've also been a regular on the AARP mailing list for years and haven't joined yet. Although I do hear they have a really great newsletter.

Three times in the last five years I have had a clerk in a store ask me if I wanted my senior citizen discount. I've turned it down.

I look out of place in the junior section in the department stores.

I feel out of place in the mature women's section in the same department store.

I can't decide what to do first when I look in the mirror: grab the cover stick for the pimple on my chin or pluck one of the grey hairs that are having a convention on my head.

I want to look over my shoulder to say hello to the older lady I see behind me in the reflection of a glass door. Then I realize it is me.

I took a picture last night, of the black eye one of Rachel's team mates got in a basketball game and I made the comment... "looks like you'd rather fight than switch" and then had to explain the dumb cigarette commercial that they use to say that on while she stared at me with a cute smile and then she politely laughed. Even though she really didn't know what I was talking about. Cigarette commercials?

So, are AARP and the Scooter Store trying to tell me something?

Maybe I should just make friends with the lady behind me and just take the darn discount.

1 comment:

  1. Turn around and give that sweet lady a hug. The recent AARP magazine features Robert Redford on the cover, an article on Spend Less on your Teen, and 2010 Best Movies for Grownups! What more could you want? I scored 4 bottles of Walgreen's brand Glucosamine yesterday for the price of one and received an exclusive AARP coupon for $3.00 off on my next visit. Better than 20% off a prom dress.
    ...switch, don't fight...

    Savings on Glucosamine= $90.00
    The $3.00 coupon could pay for zit cream.

    ReplyDelete