Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Funnies

I thought I would start a new thing here on my blog. A Sunday Funny. Growing up, I loved the funnies in the Sunday paper and enjoyed the lighthearted humor. As I was recapping a funny part of my day yesterday to my daughter Rachel, it made me think that it might be fun to highlight something about my week that I found to be worth a little chuckle.

So here is the first Sunday Funnies:


Yesterday, I stopped at a yard sale looking for vintage goodies for my corner shop. I came upon an elderly couple in their garage. As I said hello, the nice lady answered back in a very heavy German accent. I told her she sounded a bit like a friend of mine's mother who was born in Germany. She asked what town and I said I couldn't remember and we conversed awhile about this and that.

As I started looking around, the gentleman got up and headed towards the door into the house, wherein he said to his wife...
"I broke a nail and need to go in and file it down."
She shook her head and smiled at me.
And then said..."Honey, there is a brand new pair of jeans over there, size 14."
"Thank-you", I said as I thought...do these jeans I'm wearing make my butt look bigger than it is?

Then, I spotted a box of LP record albums. I pulled out the one above. The Twist. I turned it over and saw that it had the directions and diagram for doing The Twist.


I smiled and said to her..."This is great, it actually has the diagram for doing the twist."
She said, "No one ever does the twist anymore!" (with her German accent.)
To which I replied, "Actually, I was at my nephew's wedding recently and they played the twist and there were many of us out on the dance floor twisting."
And that is when she got up from her chair and said..."do you know, in Hawaii they do the twist? Only, they do the hula and the twist, like this"...  as she proceeds to demonstrate such dance.

"It's the hula with a twist!" she said.

I had to buy the record.

1 comment:

  1. It seems "the Twist" works when nothing else does. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete