I was so excited yesterday afternoon when I looked in to see that she had made it a perfect dozen. She had even put a few fluffy feathers around the edges to perhaps soften the "nest" in preparation for the little one's to hatch. I marked the calendar with another number, so I would be able to keep track of the days. I wanted to be prepared myself.
Me with my camera, Mama Quail with her soft feathers.
Over the weekend we could hear a screech of a sound that we had not heard before. Both mornings it started at about 4 or 5 am. After we got up on Sunday, Chuck went out and saw her up on the garage, perhaps announcing to others that she was excited and proud of her little eggs. Maybe she was trying to tell us something.
I felt sadness for Mama Quail.
I felt sadness for those 12 little Quail babies that would never hatch.
I felt sadness for myself ...
Because I was so excited and proud of those little eggs too.
How very sad.
ReplyDeleteWe are sharing your disappointment.
ReplyDeleteOh, no! How quickly we get attached. Sorry to hear about Mrs. Quail and her babies.
ReplyDeleteI checked in to see if there was anything new today and saw that you have a very nice picture added to your "about me" statement. Good picture and great color!
ReplyDeleteI noticed it too:)
ReplyDeleteRachel took the picture of me... and I'm constantly trying to do (learn) new things with this here blog. Thanks for noticing :)
ReplyDeletep.s. if you added your photo to your "follower" status, then your picture would show up here by your name too, rather than the little orange and white blogger symbol. And your pic would also be on the home page under the follower section instead of the little ghost shadow. That would be nice...don't you think?
ReplyDeleteThat would be nice. Of course, I'd have to have a good picture first.
ReplyDelete