I hinted that the birthday might just go on all week!
That's how birthday's should be. Today we managed to pull off a surprise party for her right after school. She and her friends have been wanting to "taste cheese", so we had a "cheese tasting" party. And when she walked in the door...she was surprised! They tasted and tasted and gave their opinions as to which one they liked the best.
Here is the cheese spread:
To compliment the cheeses, we had fresh fruit, celery slices, dried fruit and honey roasted almonds. When they had sufficiently tasted all the cheeses, they each had different favorites, but they all decided that the blue cheese was the least enjoyed. Too moldy looking.
I paper crafted a few decorations to make it look a little festive. She loves her name banner and has already decided it will look great in her bedroom. It's a good thing I thought ahead and coordinated the colors to match her room!
Looks like you had a very fun and festive time. How could they not? Great decor. I recognize the glass goblet with the dangling crystals from our trip down to the antique district. What a great find. Happy, happy, happy, happy birthday that just keeps going.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful birthday surprise for a beautiful young lady!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Too bad boys at 16 won't be into a party like this. I need to find a friend with a girl!
ReplyDelete