Not a tale at all.
The real deal.
The monster of Gila's.
The thing that caused me to run for my life.
Saturday afternoon I went to the garage and picked up the big dust pan and broom to clean up some leaves in the front courtyard. I walked past this spot several times to dump the leaves into a trash bag. I put the broom back (see it is there) and was bending down to prop the dust pan against the brick wall. That is when I noticed this TAIL. Holy Gila monster batman! Remember the one I showed you here , that the girls saw on the driveway? It was a youngster compared to this guy. Can you here the sound of my voice..."C.H.U.U.U.C.K!"
Chuck called one of the numbers on the sticky note inside our cabinet left by the previous homeowner. The herpetology society would come and remove it for $75.00. Probably money well spent, but not something we wanted to put money towards. While I was entertaining guests in the backyard, he used a couple of big shovels and relocated it to the open space out by the road. He said it was about two feet long!
I think the whole toilet paper incident that morning probably flushed it out of it's normal hiding place out near the road. And while the garage was open, he found a nice cool place to park himself for the afternoon.
Remember how people have said, "I've lived here for 20 years and I've never seen one."
Ummm...really?
No comments:
Post a Comment