Thursday, May 6, 2010

strawberry pie

My niece, who is one of my loyal followers and the one who inspired me to start this blog, has requested that I post a recipe from time to time. She's pretty handy in the kitchen and reads many food blogs and watches a few cooking shows. So I wonder...why would she want me to post a recipe? I get by in the kitchen and I too read a few "foodie" blogs. Qualified to share a recipe here? I'm not so sure. Inspire you to just make something yummy and take a picture of it? That I can do.

So, here is the easiest desert to wow your family and friends and to satisfy my niece, Shawna.

Strawberry Pie

crust
fresh strawberries
strawberry glaze
whip topping
pedestal plate

Bake a frozen pie crust in the oven according to package instructions. I used a Marie Calendar pie crust. Let it cool. Wash, hull and slice fresh strawberries. Mix strawberries with a container of strawberry glaze. It is that red goopy stuff you find in the produce section of the store. Spoon that mixture in the cooled pie crust. Top with whip topping, being as creative as you wish to be.
Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Display it on a pretty serving plate to gain much praise. It is always refreshing and very delicious.

Did that satisfy you Shawna?

2 comments:

  1. YYYEEEEAAAAA! I'm completely satisfied! And, you're not giving yourself enough credit for being a great home chef.

    ReplyDelete