I keep getting lots of encouragement to get out and do things. Join a book club. Talk to people in the grocery store. Work out at the Y. Join a yoga class. Join any kind of club.
Moving to a new state does create a bit of a challenge for meeting new people. When the kids were young it was easy to chat with the other mom's on the soccer field, at dance lessons, or in line at kindergarden pick-up. But now, when they drive themselves to all their own activities, I just don't have that easy opportunity to meet people.
So, we are all looking for ways to make that happen. I just need to make the first step.
Recently, Leah and I went to a parade in the local town of Cave Creek.
When I saw these ladies ride by, I said to her " I think I found the club I'd like to join."
And I do like to accessorize my outfits.
Where do you sign up?
ReplyDeleteAnd you are a Wild Woman!!! Well, you could be.
ReplyDelete