Monday, April 5, 2010

highlights


We enjoyed a nice day.Early morning sunlight quietly peeking through some spring blossoms on my windowsill.

My favorite delicious breakfast of belgium waffles with strawberries & cream made by the nice husband.
A little treat left by the bunny himself.

Our non-traditional shish kabobs on the grill... enjoyed on the patio.

"there are some things you just never get too old for". spoken by rachel

My favorite spring flower. I miss them growing in my yard.

I hope that you all enjoyed your day.

2 comments:

  1. We had Easter lunch at Shawna's and she fixed kabobs, too. Some were lamb and some chicken with all the veggies. She had a yummy bread salad with asparagus and white beans. She made rhubarb and strawberry crumble for dessert with real whipped cream plus.

    The egg hunt occurred later at Mark's mothers. Imagine an 11, 8, 6 and 4 year old boys all scrambling for eggs. The confetti eggs were smashed on various body parts. And Evan tried to eat his weight in candy. He probably is in a sugar coma today.

    I enjoyed all the pictures from your Easter day. You are a great blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter was fun! It looks like you guys had fun as well. I love Leah's bunny slippers. Shawn was mostly in charge of the kabobs. He did a fine job, I was proud. Both the panzanella (bread salad) and rhubarb strawberry crumble were Smitten Kitchen recipes. I recommend them both. Quite delicious.

    rhubarb crumble: http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/05/crumbling-crisp-convictions/
    Spring Panzanella: http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/04/spring-panzanella/

    ReplyDelete