This plant sits on this stone pedestal in the front courtyard. It doesn't seem to require much attention and looks quite pretty. Lately we have been noticing dirt and little rocks that are being "kicked" out of the pot. The dirt was littering the ground around the pedestal. We weren't sure what was making the mess and never saw any other evidence that something was getting in to it. I kept glancing out the window throughout the day, hoping to catch sight of something. One day, I actually heard a little commotion of sorts, and so I went to the front door to see what all the fluttering fuss was all about.
This morning I looked out the window and she was sitting in there. Another quail flew in and caused a bit of a scene. She jumped out and was sitting on the stone pedestal looking a little funny. She was all puffed up and kind of hunkered down. I wondered if the other quail had hurt her. After she flew off I went out to look and... more eggs! Five total. How cool is that? I think the second bird disturbed her egg laying.
I know you are thinking..."I bet she will take more pictures and share what she learns after she does more research. And I bet if they actually hatch... we will get to see the baby quail."
Yep, that's eggsactly what I plan to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment