Wednesday, April 14, 2010

too much sun exposure

In our yard in Colorado, we would see dragonflies that were vibrant and iridescent. They were usually bright blues and greens with wings that would sparkle in the sunlight. We have a few nice photos that Rachel and I have gotten over the last few summers. They are certainly a pretty insect, as insects go.

Today I might have caught a glimpse of an Arizona dragonfly.

One that kept flying off and returning to this same spot.

And one that likes the sharpness of a desert plant rather than some of the prettier foliage that we have in this yard.
One that didn't mind when I got closer and closer with my camera.

And one that obviously forgot to apply sunscreen.

What an interesting color, don't you think?


mama quail update: as of this posting... there are now nine eggs!

1 comment: