Tuesday, June 8, 2010

empty nest syndrome


Nope...her little eggs never hatched and I didn't get to snap a picture of the little baby quail. After all of those eggs in both of the "nests" and all those weeks waiting...in the end...the King Snake won. We'll never know if it was a snake that got the eggs in the front planter, because we never saw it. But we do know for a fact that it was definitely a King Snake that got to the one's in the back yard, because, unfortunately it was seen... twice. I hope that it got it's fill and will now move on . I'd be very happy if I don't see them any more.
The snakes that is.

As for the quail...sleep in until 7 a.m...please? If you have to be up at 4:30...please keep your beaks shut. 'Cuz man oh man you are noisy! And perhaps if you were a little quieter...the snakes wouldn't know you were here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the harsh realities of nature. One day you may have some hatchlings and it will be joyous occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what we all do?...."carry on."

    ReplyDelete