Monday, June 28, 2010

sunset hike

Recently, the four of us went on a hike. To the Black Mountain. It sits above the town of Cave Creek. Interestingly, when we lived in Colorado, we were just minutes away from the Black Canyon and enjoyed going there many time's during the years that we lived there. Now, we live near the Black Mountain, and perhaps we will frequent this spot during the time we are living here. We will have to work towards conquering it, a task I may never accomplish. It is a pretty steep climb. So steep in fact, that this particular night I could not make it. My knees failed me.

The goal was to get to the top so we could watch the sunset. I turned off the path at a spot that I could still see the setting sun, just not from the top. Rachel decided to stay with me as the other two went on. The ol' dad lost steam too, and because he was concerned that we wouldn't be able to make it back to the car while there was still some light, the two of them almost made it to the top. The two of us had a pretty good view of the setting sun. We just didn't have the camera. The two of them had a pretty great view from higher up and did have the camera. These pictures are from their view. Leah asked that I be sure to give credit where credit is due. So I will. Because I'm the Mom and I like to tell my kids they are awesome.








Photos by Leah.
awesome!

3 comments:

  1. They are awesome photos. Someday, if you keep going back, you will make it to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a little more training and a few more hikes under your belt...you will make it!
    I didn't think I would ever complete a 5K race, but I've completed two in the last two months. The photos...stunning!! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah did a wonderful job of taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete