Or should I say snake, rattle and roll?
No, shake is probably what best describes me. Screaming and shaking. Running.
Holy rattlesnake! R.a.t.t.l.e.s.n.a.k.e!! Snake. Rattler.
Here is what happened. Because I know you want to know.
Last night. Still light out. I walked to the studio with clean sheets to prepare the bed for my sisters visit. Walked back to the house to get my phone to call said sister to confirm flight time. Walked back to the studio dialing my phone, listening to it ring. Looked down. See snake all stretched out, presumably crossing walkway in front of me. See it 3 inches from my foot. Not exaggerating a bit. Scream into phone (good thing sister hadn't answered). Jumped probably 4 feet to the left and ran. Yelled "IT'S A SNAKE!" ....."I THINK A RATTLESNAKE!" Stayed way back.
Thanked my lucky stars the..."Reptile Wrangler" was home. He saved me with his hoe. I couldn't hear if he muttered any of those newly acquired reptile expletive's. The girls came out to see. Rachel heard my snake scream from inside the house. She is her mother's daughter and had my camera with her when she arrived. Well trained.
My next house? A high rise penthouse suite.
uggh.....snakes give me the shivers! I hate snakes!
ReplyDeleteMark read your post first and then sent me to the computer to give the report that after rattlesnake, the only thing left is scorpions in your shoes. Watch out! or ...Shake out!
ReplyDeleteYou know, this is not a good advertisement for more visitors of the human kind.
That is what I'm afraid of.... People not wanting to visit.
ReplyDeleteOK - that would do it for me!
ReplyDeleteAll I've seen so far is a cute little bunny on the trail to the studio. No rattlesnakes, thank goodness, but it sure is hot!
ReplyDelete