After my sister Helen and my favorite boy left yesterday, I promised that I would be sharing some of the highlights of their visits. And of course, there was a birthday and the 4th that I needed to mention too. That was the plan. Sharing highlights. I didn't think that I would be sharing this again.
Look who was back.

And this time she brought dinner.

Ya...I said the same thing. Actually, I was sitting by the pool while the Reptile Wrangler was swimming some laps. I saw her out of the corner of my eye in the far end of the yard. You know those reptile expletives that I said my husband learned? Well, I think I had one of my own as I hopped up and ran into the house. Yes, I left him in the pool. You know, cats don't really like water and all that nonsense. So, I snapped a few photos. And I watched as three of the little ones nibbled (I use that word lightly) on the only cute little animal I have seen in this yard. I couldn't really watch continuously, because I was a little distressed by the whole situation. But, like all things that capture our attention...I kept going back to the window. The bad thing? They were not bothered that the pool was inhabited and he was making a fair amount of noise. They did keep an eye on him, so I guess for them it was like... dinner and a show.

After each one took their turn and got their fill, they went over to Momma to get a little cleaning. Then they headed over to the trees to play. After each baby had their portion, Momma finished off what was left. We were a little apprehensive about trying to interrupt or chase them away because they seem very comfortable in our yard.

A little too comfortable really. Reptile Wrangler had already come into the house when we noticed that she perhaps didn't get my memo about the fact that cats don't like water. I know she is only getting a drink, but if I were in the pool? Not okay. The little one's came over and got their drink too, their picture's were blurry, as the sun was going down and the lighting was not great.

At this point, we opened the door and made a bunch of noise. Clapping out hands, screeching and barking like dogs. They ran off and a couple of the little one's went up a tree. Chuck got serious about chasing them off and they disappeared. We are not sure where they came in at, I don't think the babies can actually jump the fence. But, if that is how they got in, I'd say it is time for a little yard remodel.

I kinda like the look myself.
I think it is time to open a zoo and charge admission. These guys are very comfortable with you guys - so the next step will be to have them in the house!!! Not only do you have the animals, but you have the Reptile Wrangler, which people would also pay to see - I am sure!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the new fence remodel! Will it come before the kitchen? I know it's not funny but...you make me laugh. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteI hope that Helen got to see the mama and babies while she was there. She was hoping to.
ReplyDelete