Wednesday, July 14, 2010

skills

The 5 days that my sister was here and the 2 1/2 days that the college boy got to be here were a lot of fun. Helen and I got out and toured around giving her an overlook of the area we now call home. That day it was pretty hot... after walking around a bit and getting back into the car, the temperature reading said 117 degrees! That was probably from the car sitting on the pavement, but our hot bodies (why yes, we are) told us we were done for the day and ready to get back home and jump into the pool.

So we did.
A lot.
In fact, we jumped in over and over again. And then it became like an olympic event. Jumping, diving, soaring and flopping. The two of us, the hot ones, showed the youngsters that we still had some skills. Helen impressed us by still being able to nail a back dive. Wow! As she was standing on the edge of the board, backwards...I kept saying..."just don't hurt your back!" It was olympic quality and she didn't hurt her back. I did a few dives myself. Most of which were probably not worthy of the olympics. But the kids? They showed us a thing or two themselves.

Leah proved that she is the master at flying and levitating over water. She can soar, pose and smile for the camera... making it look very easy.


And then there were some orca moments.




And rachel... acting like a tree and leafing. Leaping.


And again, Leah rockin' the whole flying thing.


Austin... flippin' crazy!

Leah and Rachel finding their inner cheerleader.

Give me a "B"?
Give me a "W" ?

... an "A"? ok... he really wasn't trying to find his inner cheerleader.

We spent a great deal of time in the pool over the weekend. It was not only the place to keep cool, but, it was pretty darn fun too. We had some raft races...go Aunt Helen! And the classic, who can stand on their hands the longest. Or just...who can still stand on their hands. Oh, and who can get the best sunburn the very first morning because you are a pale college boy from the colorado mountains where your skin is as white as the snow?

If we were having any serious competition though, the gold medal would really have to go to Leah. She really was ...

.....supergirl!




3 comments:

  1. Yes! It was SO much fun! Wish I had more time to stay. Miss the swimming. Missed the bobcats too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are sooo funny! when are you going to escape the heat and visit me in Napa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy looking at all the pictures! You are so hilarious....all of you. I'll be experimenting with some underwater photography.....if it all turns out, I'll be talking with Rachel about come great pictures you'll be able to do in your swimming pool! Sure looks like you are all happy! Please keep up this blog! I love to read and look!

    ReplyDelete