Monday, April 25, 2011

easter, sugar cookies and a surprise

We had a very nice Easter. A delicious dinner with the Arizona relatives. We were able to sit outside on the patio again this year. Normally, Easter in Colorado was spent inside while watching the wind, the rain, or sometimes even the snow outside. We spent many years bundling the kiddos up in coats and watching them hunt for eggs, while we stood inside where it was warm, watching from the windows. But here in Arizona, despite a little bit of wind, we had a delightful day outside at Nana's.

The girls and I baked and frosted some sugar cookies on Saturday. I have made a lot of these sugar cookies over the years for many different holidays. Everyone has always enjoyed decorating and especially eating them. I have quite a few cookie cutters that I have collected over the years! And because you are just never too old for some fun traditions...we dyed eggs too.
Oh yum.

As I was uploading my pictures to the computer this morning I saw some pretty pictures. I didn't remember taking them, which happens quite often around here. Okay, yes it does happen that I don't remember things that I do, but what I mean is... sometimes other people use my camera and then I often see little delightful surprises...

such as this.
And this.
Doesn't the inside of the rose look like the little swirl of butter on the top of a brand new butter tub? We call it the "do-dad" and it was always a whirl of excitement to see who got to the "butter do-dad" with their knife before anyone else!
And this.
I thought the same thing. Not so special...why did someone take that photo?
Oh spit.
How nice.
And they wonder why I am acting a little forgetful and neurotic at times.

3 comments:

  1. Fancy cookies.
    Fansssssy friendssss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cookies. We didn't do any Easter-y traditions this year except hunt for eggs. No egg coloring, no cookie baking, no fancy dressed up Easter pictures. I'll probably regret not doing these things one day, but for now my mantra is, "next year."

    We did however have a fabulous Easter dinner (enjoyed the day before Easter) and a 108 count egg hunt for two excited boys. Even without our "normal" traditions we still had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We kept meaning to get that picture of the boys all slicked up, but forgot. Maybe we'll have another chance on Mother's Day, right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete