Thursday, April 7, 2011

kaleidoscope thursday

I was reminded that I missed kaleidoscope Thursday last week. I was so anxious to post my April Fool's Day surprise the next day, that I completely forgot that it was kaleidoscope Thursday and posted the beautiful butterflies instead. So, without further adieu...

The kaleidoscoped image:


And here is the before:

What exactly is it you ask?
Here it is is in its full glory.


Are you still asking yourself...what the heck is that?
It's a gila monster slide!
I guess it would be cool to slide down a slide that looks like a gila monster. Especially if you are not worried about seeing the real deal in your own yard. Or worry that some day one of those scary things will grab on to your ankle as you are walking through your yard. Or your garage.
You can read about our adventures with two real gila monsters here and here. For me, I'm happy enough to just take a kaleidoscope picture of the big giant plastic gila slide.

Because, the thought of one of those gnawing on my ankle really does not sound very cool at all!

1 comment:

  1. Branching out of your own backyard with the kaleidoscope, very cool. I tried to figure it out without looking at the second picture, but I couldn't.
    I agree, giant plastic gila better than an encounter with a real one.

    ReplyDelete