Monday, April 11, 2011

a quick moment

It rained most of the day on Saturday.
Along with the rain was a sky that kept changing. From thick soggy clouds that slowly lifted for the sun to shine for awhile, to big black rolling clouds that really meant business. Rainy business. As the sun was just going down, one of the girls' friends rang the doorbell. When we opened the door for him the first thing he said was "do you have shoes on?" then "you have to come look at this!" So, I slipped on my shoes and by then I heard "Mom, get your camera!" I did and by the time I got outside there was a sky show worthy of our favorite family phrase..."sunset alert"!

It was more like a video clip being played right before our eyes. And it literally lasted about a minute. The few pictures I took all look different. It was changing that quickly, the sun dropping in record speed. And it was one for our memory only, as the camera was not able to capture the beauty of it. The sky was bright pink and there were puffs of steamy clouds hovering over the mountain. Behind us the sky was dark black with the bits of sun still able to make a small rainbow. The rain was starting to fall in a quick burst again, only giving me time to say "wow, look at that". Just as quickly as I put my shoes on and grabbed my camera, it was all over.

I'll gladly take any moment in any day when I can say..."wow, look at that!"

2 comments: