Monday, August 8, 2011

how's the weather?

Oh no, another post about the weather. Well, it seems worth talking about. Weather is a strange thing. It is so conflicting... with changes from day to day, even minute to minute, and so drastically different from one state to the next. Sometimes, it is so hard to believe there is a beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine where you are and a horrible storm brewing somewhere else. Or the fact that it is flooding like crazy in some states, terrible drought in others, and so hot and humid elsewhere that it is causing deaths. This sure has been a hot summer. For just about everyone. I'm sure there are records being set everywhere. The writer of a blog that I follow said, "it's like the earth is having one big hot flash!"

We have had a few good rainstorms in the last couple of weeks. That is always a welcome relief from the heat here. It does bring some humidity, which is something we have not lived with for a long time while in Colorado. I'm not fond of it. And my hair has a mind of its own on humid days. There are days when the clouds blow in and billow up, with what look like it will be a big storm, only to just slowly fade away. And other days, or evenings, when they blow in and the lightening starts cracking, we know we will probably get some rain. It is great to stand outside and watch the clouds and the lightening in the sky.



Rachel has been trying over and over again to capture some lightening. She finally did, with a little patience and the tri-pod to steady the camera.



Amazing.

Whether it be rain that you need or cooler temperatures,
I hope where you are you will get it.

Weather or not, have a great monday!

1 comment:

  1. I need cooler weather. I actually shed a tear (well, several tears if I'm telling the truth) over the fact that our seven day forecast is more temperatures over 105. If I'm getting really honest here the few tears that I shed was actually a 15 minute pity party with sobbing saying things like, "I'm so uncomfortable. I have so long to go. It's SO hot outside." Sad.

    ReplyDelete