Tuesday, August 30, 2011

so hot you can fry an egg

Almost.

It was 110 degrees this particular myth busting day. The egg sat in the skillet for a little over an hour. I would say that it did not really fry, but rather baked around the edges. The yolk was neither fried, baked or poached, but rather a bit dehydrated. I did, however, need oven mitts to carry the pan in the house. And it took some time to soak the baked egg off the pan.

I was warned that it would be so hot here that I would need the oven mitts to open my car door and to keep me from burning my hands on the steering wheel. Yes, those areas of the car do get hot, but I have not needed the oven mitts. Thank goodness, because I just couldn't imagine myself driving around, all tanned and cute, with big oven mitts on my hands. Trading my winter mittens for summer mitts was not high on my list of "things to do after moving to Arizona".

Reptile Wrangler just came in to inform me..."whatever you do...don't walk along the path by Leah's bedroom!" He has left for the store to get some wrangling supplies. I'm going to charge up the battery and get the telephoto lens ready.

This could get interesting.

5 comments:

  1. I thought I burned my elbow on my car window the other day. Didn't leave a mark, but taught me to keep my elbow off the door until the AC cooled it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make some bacon to go with your egg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No bacon. I'm afraid it might of attracted some creatures that I would not have wanted around the skillet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pre-heat the pan to prevent sticking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep checking and that egg is still not done!

    ReplyDelete